PEELI aims to strengthen QAED ability to deliver CPD to Teachers, teacher educators and head teachers in order to improve the English language and classroom teaching skill of 200,000 teachers across Punjab.
100 EETs selected and deployed across all districts of Punjab, delivering English training to teachers so that they (Teachers) are better able to teach English and integrate English, alongside students mother-tongue, into the classroom.
Improve teachers level of English so that they are better able to teach English and integrate English along with students mother tongue in the classroom.
English Subject Specialists →→→→ assessed at shortlisting
B2 Level English →→→→ assessed through Aptis
understanding engagement stage of development →→→→ Assessed through assessment center
- Actively engage in professional development to ensure quality and high Standards in teaching and learning.
This includes also
- 20 days of intensive face to face training following selection
- 10 days of face to face training in year 2
- Reflection on delivering of teaching
- Assessing self access learning resources to develop teaching skills.
- Plan prepare and deliver high quality English language teaching (using ready-made British Council courses) taking account of individual learning styles, age and ability.course to be delivered by EETs extensively, i.e two lesson per week over a numbers of months.
- Monitor progress and provide regular feedback to help manage teachers performance throughout course, and actively promote learner autonomy.
we will select 100 specialist ETs who will deliver English language training across the Punjab to teachers so that they [teachers] are better able to integrate English, alongside students’ mother-tongue, into the classroom.
· Select (from the 279 shortlisted) ETs to participate in internationally recognized training courses.
The competent Authority has accorded approval for the Aptis Test.
Why have I been invited for an Aptis assessment?
Since you have a background in English and based on your level of participation and quality of training delivered on PEELI so far, we’d like to provide you with the chance to participate in one of the following learning and development opportunities:
• CELTA plus the chance to become a PEELI English Expert Trainer
• ICELT plus the chance to become a PEELI English Expert Trainer
• 20 days British Council English teacher training + the chance to become a PEELI English Expert Trainer.
These three courses are extremely demanding and require participants to have a high level of English. The you will become an English Expert Trainer or EET. EETs’ role on PEELI will be to deliver English training to teachers so that they [teachers] are better able to teach English alongside students’ mother-tongue, into the classroom.As Expert Trainers focus on pedagogy, EETs will be specifically responsible for helping teachers improve their English. In addition to your learning and development as an EET – you will still be able to benefit from the learning and development opportunities offered to ETs on PEELI. Please see the attached EET role profile for more information about roles and responsibilities.
New project in ADU English master trainer selected by Cluster Center. These English master trainers have opportunity to become EETs.
Why have I been invited for an Aptis assessment?
Based on your level of participation and quality of training delivered on PEELI so far, we’d like to provide you with the chance to participate in one of the following learning and development opportunities:
• Professional Award for Teacher Educators
• TKT (Teaching Knowledge Test) Module 1 – preparation course + exam.
These two courses are extremely demanding and require participants to have a high level of English.
This is an excellent professional development opportunity which, if you complete successfully, you will be provided with an internationally recognized certificate. These courses will also help develop your skills as an Expert Trainer strengthening your ability to support PEELI in working with QAED to deliver quality CPD to teachers, and head teachers in order to improve the English language and classroom teaching skills of 200,000 teachers across Punjab.
We will also discuss about about Mater trainer in ADU Project and their role, and Pedagogy expert role in QAED and Teacher training program criteria.
Training Update QAED
New educators and PSTs 2019 Alert
All ETs will be engaged in training of PEELI for Educators:
Training Plan: starting 24th june to September 2019
1- 5 Days Phase-I June
2- 5 Days phase-II July
3- 5 Days phase-3
4- 5 Days phase-4
Venue: District QAED and Cluster Centers.
12 days Training of English Expert trainers (EETs) under PEELI project at QAED Lahore and Multan.
QAED Lahore Training Schedule
No.of Trainees in Lahore 50
Focal person Aijaz Ahmad Warraich 0333-6886306 QAED head Ms. Tahira anjum
QAED Multan Training Schedule
No.of trainees 26
Focal person Mr.khawaja Mazhar ul haq 0302-4778085
Note: British Council will manage the resource person (RPs)