Job Description Of Distric Teacher Educaters (DTEs)
Job description / Responsibilities / Role of DTE
To promote the quality of student learning by providing on-site and on going professional support to fellow PSTs.
To build capacity of PSTs in attached cluster schools enabling them to initiate, plan and implement activities to enhance their own competency as well as child learning.
To participate in training courses and other professional development activities organized by DSD or other institutions designated by the DSD.
ØTo build a rapport with Heads of cluster schools in their purview knowing the importance of such working linkages in order to accomplish their teacher training and support activities.
ØTo mark daily attendance in their respective CTSC.
To record visits of various schools for mentoring, assessment or follow up assignments.
MENTORING OF MENTEES AS PER DTE GUIDE
MONITORING OF CLASS ROOM AND SCHOOL
TRAINING/ PD DAY OF PST’s
- FILL UP THE MVF
- FILL UP THE HT MEETING FORM
REPORTING ON CTSC FILE
Assessment on 1st eight + (1 Remedial work) working days of every month.
Assessment of two schools per day
Handed over corrected assessment papers on same day
DTE has to reach target school directly on school timing.
Conduct of Test on Assessment Days:
1.Visit of first school on school timings
2.Meeting with HT of School
3.Visit of school along with HT regarding cleanliness
4.Direct teachers to gather students of Grade 3,4,5 for paper
5.Conduct of assessment paper
- Travelling towards 2nd School at 10:30 a.m.
- Revision of 5-steps given above starting from 11:00 a.m.
2. As Mentor:
DTE provide on spot training and guidance to PSTs on preparation of lesson plans, teaching, by selecting four BEST PSTs from a school.
How to Perform?
Observation in Class and Meeting for Head Teacher before filling up DEVELOPMENT PLAN.
Other Responsibilities of DTE
Coordination with Dy.DEOs/AEOs
TRAINER ON PD DAY OF PSTs
And Roles mentioned in Letter No 3652 issued in 2010 like;
Functions of DTEs
- Ensure Universal Primary Education campaign through 100% enrollment at Primary and Elementary levels;
- Ensure zero drop-out at Primary , Elementary and Secondary levels;
- Ensure 100% attendance of the staff and report daily absenteeism through e-mail to district and provincial authorities;
- Ranking of schools, Head teachers and Teachers on results and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) given in the letter.
- Ensure maintenance of school facilities like safe drinking water, furniture, toilets, building, cleanliness through school councils and staff ;
- Ensure optimum use of Library, Science Labs and Computer Labs;
- Ensure implementation of English Medium Scheme in 100% schools;
- Assessment Days 8
(Two Schools per day)
- Mentoring Days 15
(One School per day)
- PD Day at CTSC 1 (One day quarterly (All PSTs + ESTs of cluster) at 3 CTSCs)
- PD Days at DTSC 3 (1 day for each DTE)
(All DTEs of CTSCs)
Job Description Of Teacher Educaters (TEs) Field Officer
At DTSC Office:
4.CORRESPONDENCE WITH EDUCATION DEPARTMENT AND DSD.
5.FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT/ DEALING THE FINANCIAL ISSUES
6.LOGISTIC SUPPORT IN EVENT MANAGEMENT
7.VOUCHED FILES OF TRAINING.
MONITORING & MENTORING OF DTEs
IMPLEMENTATION ON TRAININGS
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT IN THE DISTT.
- DSD / HIGH Ups/STAKE HOLDERS
PLANNING OF EVENTs:
1.Meetings (CTSC Heads, DCC)
COLLECTION OF CTSC FILES FROM THE CONCERNED FIELD AND SUBMIT TO DSD THROUGH T.E ADMIN.
CONDUCT PD DAY OF DTEs
HANDLING OF EVENTS
- TRAINING (Ensure 100% attendance)
Monitoring activity in a day:
1.TE visit the target school of DTEs as per DTE’s Plan
2.Observation at least in one class
3.Fill up the TE coaching and also take entries against all monitoring indicators from the DTE’s MVF.
After that visit at CTSC and conduct meeting with CTSC Head about DTE’s monitoring & Checking of Record : Attendance, Dispatch register, display board in the office of CTSC Head
To understand the monitoring role of TE
we must be aware of roles and responsibilities of TEs because TEs have to play the supervisory role